Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Challenge of Following Your Passion

"Creating is a journey that starts with inspiration, continues with struggle, collaboration, breakthroughs, and learning, and comes full circle in success or failure. It is a journey that is worth documenting. It is a journey that others share and will be inspired from."-Tara Gentile


I am not a writer or a sharer by nature, thus the decision to start a blog was not one I took lightly.  I have spent the first 3 months of 2010 wondering what I could possibly say that would be interesting for others to read.  Then I came across this quote from Tara Gentile. She writes a blog called, Scoutie Girl, that promotes handmade crafters.  The quote was my 'AH-HA' moment...


The process of creating is one that challenges me on a daily bases.  The perpetual question-- "How do I balance running a business, being a new mom, staying inspired and all the rest of life's responsibilities?".  I know that my challenges are the same as many entrepreneurs and I cannot say that I have infinite wisdom on how to do any of it successfully.  I have certainly had my fair share of should-a, could-a, would-a's. My hope is that this blog will me help to track my progress--successes, failures, and everything in between.  I won't be arrogant enough to claim that my story is beneficial to anyone other than me, however, if you are reading this--My promise is to document my pursuit to follow my passion and my struggle to do it successfully with honesty and sincerity (and probably a large amount of comedy).


Happy Blogging
Samantha Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment